Wednesday, 18 January 2017

A Winter Wonderland

As a young girl I used to love collecting things and keeping them in little glass boxes which inspired this weeks creation for the latest Stampotique challenge; 'Favourite Stamp', (all the details can be found right here). With so many awesome stamps to choose from it's so difficult to pick just one - so I didn't! I did however choose my favourite newest stamp which is this wonderful cityscape.  At it's original size it measures 5in x 3in approx., but when stamped on shrink plastic it becomes a petite 2in x 3/4in.


I cut the glass to fit the scene, in my head I can hear my late husband saying: 'measure twice- cut once!' and I used silver embossing powder on the edges for faux soldering, mica flakes created a winter wonderland and finally some silver beads made perfect feet.

The stamps I used are:
and Trees

Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx









7 comments:

  1. This is lovely Sam ! Such a great idea !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sam, you're a woman of many talents! I have a thing for boxes (drives the hubs a little nuts as I can't throw them away). None as fancy as your glass box though. What a wonderful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love your little scene Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great piece, I love it Sam. So vibrant and totally original xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thus is amazing. Such a fab project. You are so clever with your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let it be known, I want to live there!!!!
    Sam, this is an amazing creation, bravo to you. Somehow it looks both whimsical but also realistic, as though I can actually hear the sounds of the city. BTW, I thought you had soldered it!
    Love this.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x