Wednesday, 13 November 2013

A One Layer Challenge

I am delighted to be the hostess for this weeks challenge at Stampotique and I'm inviting you to make something with just one layer. Personally I rarely make anything one layer so it was a challenge for me too!
I began with plain white card and masked off the central area and stamped Floral Swirl around the edges using a stamp positioning tool so as not to overlap or leave big empty spaces. I then stamped Lissi and lastly the sentiment Enjoy Life! I coloured using water colour pencils with different intensity in different places to hopefully give a feel of depth.
This card is now with a very special lady in Arizona, my word Lissi gets around!
I do hope you join in the challenge I can't wait to see your creations and don't forget you can win $30 Stampotique vouchers.
Wishing you a wonderful day, Sam xxx

20 comments:

  1. gorgeous card, Sam!
    the challenge wasn't easy... but fun!! :)
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes FLOWER POWER!!!! super adorable the '' flower frame'' .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Samantha,
    I love the card, it is really beautiful.
    I hope that you have a wonderful day.
    Love and best wishes.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card, and, yes, it even has depth! Amazed how you created such a beautiful card with no embellishments! Off to try my hand at this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that flower frame, Sam - a gorgeous one layer card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I has a lot of depth, wonderful !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card in great colors. Love the main image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Sam, love the framed effect and lovely colours.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun challenge and your card is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous one layer piece Sam, fabulous colours too :)
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever frame, Samantha, perfectly constructed! I am impressed! Love Lissi in her red dress...sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you "broke the rules" with this card. Not many people combine the vintage images with the bright colours and doodled, whimsical stamps of the border. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya Sam, I'm catching up with you first from Paris today, I have Wifi in my hotel room, yep! (I didn't have it those last days...). I really LOVE your one-layer card, the stamps, the technique you used and colours are wonderful ! I'm pretty sure your friend in Arizona will cherish your card. Love from Paris... :) I'm going back home tonight. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - fantastic frame!!

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, your frame works so well :D Thank you for your visit and such a lovely challenge this week :D Gay x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x