Wednesday, 3 July 2013

A little light recycling

This week I'm very excited to be hosting the challenge at the Stampotique Designers Blog and I'm inviting you to recycle something for your creation. I really do dislike throwing things away which could be given a new lease of life hence I have a corner of the room cluttered with things which 'might come in handy one day'.
With the warmer evenings finally arriving, I've made a few of these to hang around the garden from trees and things. Although you can't see in the photo the paper which can be seen on the inside of the jar is a book page that mentions light and dark, so thought it appropriate. It was quite easy to make. Just measure the jar area you would like to cover. Cut out your aperture, here I chose a star at the front and back, than stamp away. I chose Spray and Roc's fab Owl Tree stamp. A few fibres/wood around the top over the wire hanging and Bob's your uncle.
I can't wait to see your creations for this challenge but most importantly - have fun!!!
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

17 comments:

  1. Really love this Sam. The scene you've created makes perfect sense for a garden lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet these look fabulous in your garden, a great make Sam.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's quite magical, Sam.
    Gorgeous alteration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sam this is gorgeous I love it, those owls are super cute! a great way to recycle old jars too.

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally gorgeous, I bet your garden looks beautiful with so many of these fab jars alight, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created something new, beautiful and functional out of remnants! Pure genius, Samantha! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Sam, I love the owls and what a great way to alter a jar.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh owls! I love owls :) This is gorgeous Sam and I bet they look lovely twinkling away in your garden.
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sam, what a fabulous idea, I bet your garden looks gorgeous at night with all the lanterns, hugs to you and Poppy, from me and Dylan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a great idea. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the blue with the candle popping through, it's gorgeous!
    thanks for the fun challenge Sam, i'm so happy you pushed me to 'save' that page in my journal :)
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yes! I have to add that I did not miss your play on words in your post title! ;-) Amused me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That rocks, a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous little night light Sam! I love it!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous recycling, and I love the dark blue colours you used too. They are perfect for the starred nights to come I think Lol !! Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Sam I really Like this idea. Thank you.
    sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your altered jar - the fact that there are words inside too just pleases me so much! Gorgeous challenge theme, too, thank you!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x